A good rest does not depend solely on the bed, although it is largely responsible for allowing us to rest properly. Bedding also plays a fundamental role in the quality of our sleep.
Coming home after a long day is undoubtedly comforting, but it is even better to come home and lie down in a clean and well-cared for bed with soft and comfortable sheets, where the complete set generates a feeling of pleasure and well-being, helping us to improve the quality of our rest.
So how can we keep the bedding in perfect condition to give us the possibility to rest well throughout the year? Keep reading because below we give you the necessary tips to sleep in the best bed of your dreams.
- Read and follow the manufacturer’s recommendations on the label of your bedding. In this way you will give the correct care to each of your bedding item, especially if any of them must have some special treatment.
- If your washing machine has a defined program for washing bedding, we recommend that you use it as long as it agrees with the information provided by the manufacturer. Use mild detergent.
- Wash bedding before use. If you are going to use sheets for the first time, it is highly recommended to wash them beforehand to remove any chemical substances related to their manufacture.
- If the sheets have a daily use, change and wash them every 6 or 7 days. If you use these antimicrobial sheets that are infused with silver, you can change them every 3 weeks.
- Vacuum your mattress to remove dust and dirt accumulated in the seams of the mattress.
- Air your bed every day and allow it to receive direct sunlight. This will help prevent the growth of mites and take care of the hygiene of your bed.
- When changing bedding, wash them and ideally store the sets together in vacuum bags. This will save space and help extend the life of your bedding.
- If you do not want to iron the sheets, we recommend that you straighten and fold them just out of the dryer or washing machine, and before they get cold.
- Cotton sheets should be machine washed in warm water, and there is no need to use fabric softener or bleach.
- Polyester sheets are washed in cold or warm water, and can be put in the dryer, no ironing required. Do not use bleach so that the color or pattern of your sheets does not wear or fade.
- Do not mix the sheets with knitwear, such as sweaters or socks, as these shed lint that clings to the fabrics.
- Dampen the sheets before ironing them on medium heat.
- Dust mites live in your house, they are the main cause of allergies, rhinitis and asthma in the world. Eliminate them with a solution that is 100% effective, work fast and has a residual effect.
- It is important to ventilate the pillow on a weekly basis, thus avoiding the impregnation of unpleasant odors.
- Wash the mattress cover and down at least once a month.
If you want your sheets to maintain their softness and color for a long time, it is important that you follow these tips that will teach you how to care for your sheets in a simple and practical way.
Now that you know how to take care of the sheets in your home, now share this content with your family and friends who may need help in keeping their bedding intact.