Published on August 24th, 2019 | by admin0
Bespoke Mattress Specifications You Should Consider
Sleep is important in your overall wellbeing. With this, you have to do your best to support it. You can start with bespoke beds and mattresses but if you already have a bed, it is time that you invest in a quality bespoke mattress.
A bespoke mattress is becoming popular these days because it is made to measure according to your specifications. With a bespoke mattress, you are allowed to choose the size, firmness, depth, and filling. This means you will get the mattress according to your preferences and not just settle for a pre-made mattress.
Before reaching out to a bespoke mattress maker, you should determine your needs in a mattress so you can convey the specifications. To help you get started, here are the specifications you should consider:
Kind of sleeper
The mattress will depend on the kind of sleeper and you should remember the following:
- Front sleeper: if you are a front sleeper, you need a mattress with more support.
- Back sleeper: if you are a back sleeper, you need to check the tension first to ensure that there is no gap in your lower back.
- Side sleeper: if you are a side sleeper, you need a mattress with softer spring to allow your hip and shoulder to sink in.
Types of mattresses
There are three types of mattress you can consider:
- Open spring: this is the most affordable type perfect for guest bedrooms. This is because the spring and filling contents are ideal for occasional use.
- Pocket spring: this type will last long plus it minimizes the risk of rolling towards other sleeping partners. These mattresses respond to specific body weight and shapes.
- Foam and memory foam: this is perfect for those suffering from allergies. It also provides more support since it can mold to your body shape thereby helping to align the spine.
Mattress spring tension can be described as soft, medium and firm. The tension will give you an idea of how the mattress will feel. Before choosing, you must know that these tensions are directly associated with your body weight on the mattress as well as the size.
- Soft: soft tension mattresses are ideal for bodyweights up to eight-stone. This is usually created with a 1.2mm wire diameter.
- Medium: medium tension mattresses are ideal for bodyweights up to sixteen-stone. This is usually created with a 1.4mm wire diameter.
- Firm: firm tension mattresses are considered ideal for bodyweights of more than sixteen-stone. This is usually created with a 1.6 mm wire diameter.
When it comes to mattress sizes, you should think of the following:
- Small single: the length is 90cm while the width is 75cm.
- Single: the length is 190cm while the width is 90cm.
- Small double: the length is 190cm while the width is 120cm.
- Double: the length is 190 cm while the width is 125cm.
- Kingsize: the length is 200cm while the width is 150cm.
- Super kingsize: the length is 200cm while the width is 180cm.
- Emperor: the length is 202cm while the width is 200cm.
Bespoke mattresses are expensive but they are surely a worthy investment. After identifying the specifications, it is time that you get in touch with a bespoke mattress maker. When you get in touch with the maker, you should for any flexible financing options so you do not put off buying it.